“SABAH’S LOST WORLD”– 5 Days/4 NightsDay 1
Optional: Porters can be arranged at 100RM/porter/day. Maximum load 12kg/porter.
- 0800: Meet at Tawau airport/ hotel and overland transfer to Maliau Basin. Journey will take approximately 5-6 hours from Tawau to Base Camp. Eat an early brunch along the way.
- 1400: Expected arrival time and overnight at Agathis Camp. You will have the afternoon at your leisure to wander around Agathis Camp’s Nature Trail. After dinner (weather permitting) go for a night drive in search of nocturnal animals through the 27km access road along the Agathis Camp to Belian Camp.
- 0700: After breakfast, begin the 7km trekking through the rainforest to reach the Nepenthes Camp (also known as Camel Trophy Camp). This will take about 6 hours of trekking over the rim of the Basin. First two hours is the most challenging uphill trek for this adventure. Stop for a packed lunch and relax enjoying the surrounding rich vegetation.
- 1300: Expected arrival at Nepenthes Camp.
- 1400: Walk to the Giluk Falls; about 1 hour there and back to Nepenthes Camp. Have a dip in the pool, or walk to the spectacular Takob Akob Falls (about 100 metres in height), that are about a 2 hour walk there and back to the camp.
- 1700: Dinner. Stay overnight at the Nepenthes Camp.
- 0700: After breakfast trek along the lowland Dipterocarp Forests for about 4-5 hours (6.5km) to Maliau Falls junction.
- 1200: Expected arrival at Maliau Falls junction; have a packed lunch.
- 1300: Start your journey to Maliau Falls via Lobah Camp (5km about 2-3 hour downhill trek). Take your camera, and some shots of the majestic seven-tiered Maliau Falls. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Maliau Basin rim at the Lobah Helipad.
- 1800: Expected arrival at Ginseng Camp. Dinner and stay overnight at Ginseng Camp.
- 0700: After breakfast, trek along the forest making your way back to the Agathis Camp. This will take about 6-7 hours trekking. Stop for a packed lunch at any rest station before continuing your trek to Agathis Camp.
- 1400: Settle in at the Agathis Camp for the last night of your adventure in the forest.
- 0700: Breakfast and depart Agathis Camp, stop at the watch tower and Sky Bridge at Belian Camp and then continue to Tawau airport/hotel.
- 1300: Expected arrival at Tawau airport/hotel.
| MALIAU BASIN |
5 DAYS/4 NIGHTS
|Number of people ||RM/Person |
|2-3 ||4,150.00 |
|4-9 ||3,900.00 |
|10-15 ||3,600.00 |